Friday, May 08, 2009

Cinco de Mayo on the 6th...

So I spent Cinco De Mayo working, working, working and completely forgot it was the annual May "party" night, until I was doing and evening jog and these cars went rippin' past me --one after another in this hilly neighborhood that resembles Fountain Grove in Santa Rosa. I was in Trabuco Hills (a beautiful area in the OC for hill training) getting in an almost "too late in the evening" workout after watching Myles run an impressive 2:12 800 meter race (injured) in a in a high school track meet. It took me awhile to realize that all those people zipping past me were "late" for the party --wherever the party was. I however, was quite content with the moment and my evening and the fact that I actually made my son's track meet! --and in the end, totally enjoyed a late night jog under a soon to be full moon.
Then Wednesday came along and after work off I went to join the guys for a one day late "Cinco de Mayo" mountain bike ride. There were tequila shots (none for me thanks!) and there were Tecates (don't mind if I do!) and there were sombreros (wish I had taken a picture of Lopes wearing his!). It was a grand time indeed...plus we celebrated Joe's (my friend Joe Lawwill's) birthday....so there was also a little chocolate birthday cake presented after tacos and beer :)
Good times for sure.....

Laguna Canyon is remarkably beautiful. If you haven't ridden up around the hills there, I hope you get to do so someday...the views are absolutely stunning and totally worth the trip.

Enjoy the ride...


No comments: