Monday, July 21, 2008

Cheers to "the ride"


Spent the entire day in the saddle on Saturday. That was a first for me in a long, long time. We rode from Santa Monica to Simi Valley ...and back. Like my friend said when we decided to change our route, "this ride just went from good to epic!"

He was not kidding!
What a day.

...and we still had the legs to sprint the Santa Monica City Limit sign at the end of the day. It was a photo finish ;)

On another note....my good friend Meredith Miller came over to Huntington Beach for a few days and we were fortunate enough to get to spend some time together both on and off the bike!! That was great.
I love it when the special people in my life come here to visit :) :)

Needless to say, the last few day have been good, or shall I say... darn right epic!

Rock On.

3 comments:

Yaright said...

Nice work !!

sportmichael said...

Wow...I wonder if I saw you on the PCH. I rode from SM to Los Posas(oxnard)...a single speed 48:15 SOMA (white velocity rims and huge white bars) pretty much keeps me glued to the coast...I like hills but the SM mts are a bit brutal on a SS....nicely done...one of these days I gotta get a REAL (i.e.geared) ride!

LadyIsREAL said...

Enjoyed your entry about the ride to Simi... So much so I listed on the Topix Simi page - http://www.topix.com/city/simi-valley-ca