Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Reminiscing...the team from 2006 :)


My first slide show from slide.com. Pretty cool idea -and free! This slide show is of the Victory Team for the Memorial Day/week of criteriums, on the East coast at the end of May. We stayed with Kate`s parents --- great hosts (always), and we had Andy (he`s the guy in red) as a Mike Tamayo fill-in (half the team, plus Mike, were up in Montreal). Andy did an awesome job driving us around to multiple states for the marathon of crits! We had a solid, hard week of racing. It`s one of my favorite times of the year, actually. It`s all about speed and power at that time of the year -- and all the racing leads right into The Liberty Classic, which has to be a highlight for most women racers in the U.S.
In between races, we made our way around for some sight seeing in the Nation`s Capital. And in true Victory Team fashion, we scouted out an H&M store in Georgetown, where we happily spent some of our prize winnings. I wonder if the guys team`s hit up the shopping when they travel. Come to think of it... I remember seeing a few of the gents out on the Miracle Mile (in Chicago) during the week between Elk Grove and Crit Nats.... so I guess the answer is yes, the guys go shopping, too! Anyway, expect more from the archives, because I have some good pics to share, and also because I had to send my camera back to Canon for repair. In case you`re wondering -- I dropped my camera on a bike ride, while trying to take a picture of Mt. Saint Helena...ughh

No comments: