Wednesday, December 03, 2008

made me think of Helen


As Helen Keller said... "Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all."

That's what I was thinking when I went wall riding today in Vegas on my Angel....
That there two-foot wide water drainage thing just sort of jumped out of nowhere, I swear I didn't see it on my way to the gym when I was getting all cocky dropping in from the highest point of the wall (trust me this banking was steeper than The ADT Center Velodrome). Honestly, I'm not sure how the heck I managed to skirt across that giant trough thing as I was dropping in at speed, my hands all the way out on the bull horns, in sneakers on Ultegra pedals...(not clipped in!), but somehow I made it over that big 'ol gap in one piece. All I got out of it was a rear flat.

Phew.

I guess it is a good thing I haven't gone "fixie" yet with my Lager, I would have definitely lost some skin with those antics....

No comments: