Monday, February 25, 2008

compelling urge...


i'm a bike racer, but i still love to run. no music. no talking. no shifting. no gears. no brakes. just me, my body, my breath and my mind. its a great way to clear my head from all the specifics of training, focus, and goal setting. i like to run as the sun sets. today, just as night had fallen into the sky, i found a swing hanging from a tree in a yard along my path....and you can bet that i took the time get on. i lifted my bum up onto the tiny wood platform, feet dangling off the ground, and took a light little swing while gazing into the black of night specked with the twinkle of stars. i loved it. such a peaceful moment in a place that can be so fast paced, crazy, and chaotic......just goes to show what you can find when you're open to it.

2 comments:

Wonder said...

Nice. Thanks Coach.

Anonymous said...

Back in the day...my buddies and I used to see who could swing and get the highest on the swing. I don't think this was such a great idea, but we didn't know any better. Now, I like your idea better.